THE SERIOUS STUFF:
Although I have lived in the Northeast for 19 years now, I grew up in the Midwest, and now love the
uniqueness of both areas. During my childhood, I gravitated toward music and the way it made me feel,
and gradually learned that I had a love for all of the creative arts. I was always the girl with the camera
(film then!), and my life is documented in visual art. I was nominated to be the “Class Historian” my
senior year of High School, which basically meant I got to film throughout the year and create a video at
the end of the year to give every person in our senior class. It was a highlight of high school for me, and
the desire to help people relive memories didn’t die with graduation.
I went on to attend college in Florida, and a friend and I bonded over a love for photography. She helped
me take the first steps to learning how to control my camera, and I began to have the ability to create
photos that I first visualized in my mind.
I received a degree in music composition, and my life changed when I met my future husband. I married
young, taught high school music, and then became a mother. My love for photography was reignited.
In 2011 I dug deeper into the why’s and how’s of the art of photography and quickly knew that it was
more than a hobby to me. I began shooting portraits and weddings, and the rest is history.
My approach to photography is centered around creative/flattering use of light, candid and authentic
moments, and artistic portraits.
THE FUN STUFF:
And because I’m a little quirky, here are 10 random thingys about me:
1. I love 86% dark chocolate, and believe that the best ice cream ever made is Ben and Jerry’s
Phish Food. I restrain myself to eating one pint a week, every Sunday night.
2. I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Music Composition and my music is sung in churches
and recently by our own school choir.
3. Deep conversations about meaningful topics in small groups are my favorite.
4. I’m an only child.
5. Taking adventures is a passion of mine: I’ve journeyed to Greece, China, Mexico and the
Caribbean as well as all over the USA. Next stop is Ireland…
6. I love studying the uniqueness of each human personality and getting to know people. I am an
Enneagram 4/Myers Briggs INFP (*translation: can’t do math, loves art)
7. I prefer British dramas and Nordic Noir over American television any day.
8. I love to decorate. I overhauled my kitchen cabinets and love DIY decorating projects that meld
artsy items with neutral décor.
9. I am laid-back, quiet and enjoy creating and having deep conversations in peaceful
10. I LOVE to capture weddings in the creative ways while showing authentic moments and
personalities in my photos.